Do you really know all of the ways that you could be throwing money away or how you might be keeping it out of your life? There are five (5) areas in your life where money leaks might be occurring, and these leaks will be disguised as ‘other issues’ for you. These issues can seemingly appear to have no relevance to your money, yet, they profoundly do. They show up as clutter in the following areas:
- Clutter – environment
- Clutter – schedule
- Clutter – your mental and emotional states
- Clutter – relationships
- Clutter – finances
Any one of these areas can keep money from coming into your life or can cause money to leak out of your life without you realizing how much and how fast it’s dwindling away. This is not good news, but, there is a way to turn this around!
This week’s focus is to uncover how stressful relationships can cause huge money leaks in your life, and how they can prevent you from attracting money, worse yet. Think about what happens to you when you are in conflict with a family member or someone that you work with. What happens to your energy level? If you’re like most humans, conflict in your important relationships can zap your energy fast. It does for me.
Do any of the following money leaks and blocks overtake you when you’re upset with an important person in your life or with someone that you work with?
- Shopping therapy – buying items that you don’t need or that you can’t really afford
- Eating out or drinking more than you are comfortable with – these things can really cost you more, not just your money, but with your health
- Spending too much time complaining to your friends about the indiscretions of the person with whom you are in conflict.
- Doing mundane, low energy level task work because you are tired, frustrated, and resentful
- Withdrawing from making new contacts and lucrative offers to potential clients which would increase your business opportunities
- Getting sick often because your body is worn down from the emotional stress of your relationship(s)
- Not asking for help and delegating the non-income generating aspects of your business because you are in withdraw mode and you don’t feel like interacting with anyone.
So, there you have it, seven (7) out of hundreds of ways money can be blocked or can leak out of your life. If you identify with any one of them, it is time to make a change! It just costs way too much, don’t you think? Energetically speaking, like attracts like. Need I say more about that. . .?
Wealth Practice # 41 – Releasing Clutter – Relationships
- Write down the names of the people with whom you are having conflict, the ones that you are tolerating or making excuses for.
- Decide to address the conflicts, beginning with the most draining. (You know who this is) Have the conversation you are ignoring. Your money, your joy, and your rich life depend on it!
- Who do you have trouble saying “No” to? Write down the names of the people with whom you have difficulty exercising your boundaries. Start saying “No” to obligatory expectations from others that are draining your energy and consuming your time.
Please contact me to schedule a free consultation to learn more about what your next most powerful steps are in resolving your conflicts in your significant relationships.
Remember, we are what we practice.
“Dream it, own it, and make it REAL”
Judy K. Katz, MCC, RScP
Master Certified Coach