Setting new goals for yourself, both business and personal, is like choosing the seeds you wish to plant in your garden of life. This is not an uncommon exercise, particularly if you are a super achieving, ambitious business owner, entrepreneur, or professional. Yet, how often do you run into blocks (old roots) that seemingly keep you from taking the actions (planting the seeds) that promise the results you are hoping for and committed to?
How often do you encounter frustration because you are taking the actions you think are right (planting the seeds) yet, nothing seems to be growing, or you discover you just have weeds? That’s not fun and it is very tiring, I know. I’ve been there, done that. Believe me, it’s no fun at all!
There is a method to this madness, so to speak. I’m giving you 5 steps to begin the clearing process of resistance which allows you to discover the roots of your patterns that limit and bind you, and please, do try this at home. And remember, this is a process.
First and foremost, however, I must mention that you must be clear about what you are planting (the seeds of your desire). If you aren’t clear about what you want, you’ll just get weeds or the same plant you had before. (This feels like stuck.)
The Clearing Process:
- Identify 10 behaviors that you are not doing and think you should be, or that you are doing and you think you should stop. i.e., giving away your services for free, eating when you are upset, blaming someone for your circumstances, or you need to start making clear offers for your work to willing people, etc.
- Forgive yourself for doing or not doing the actions you have identified. Say to yourself, “Even though I ____________or I don’t ___________, I forgive myself completely. I love and accept myself fully. Take a deep breath.
- Identify how you want to feel if you had what you want. i.e., more income might have you feel relief; achieving your ideal weight might have you feeling prettier and more accepted; having more clients might have you feeling more valuable and confident; having more free time to play and rest might have you feeling relaxed and safe. (These are only meant to prime your pump.)
- Identify how you currently feel about yourself relative to your unwanted behaviors. i.e., stressed, frustrated, angry, powerless, indifferent, fearful and worried. ( again, just to prime your pump)
- Now forgive yourself for having these feelings toward yourself and/or others. Say to yourself, “Even though I have these feelings of _________, I completely forgive myself. I love and accept myself fully. Take a deep breath.
These initial steps of forgiveness, as you accept your current reality of behaviors and emotions, sets you up to do the deeper work of dissolving the core beliefs that you hold (roots), the beliefs and patterns that conflict with your desires.
As you identify how you want to feel as compared to how you do feel, you will come to know what you actually do believe is possible for you, or not. Without the clearing exercise, you will just remain in your head and out of touch with your true beliefs and feelings. Your resistance will keep you stuck in your current belief patterns which will continue bringing you the same results.
Forgiveness releases resistance, which allows your desires to [grow] manifest. This is one of the most powerful things you can do when you want to experience a significant change for the better. To learn more, go to Judy’s Book.
To your prosperity, freedom & joy,